Monday, January 27, 2014

{Monday Morsels} Italian Stir-Fry

Food.

Ah, food. 

It nourishes and it brings people to together. It can be art. It gives life. It facilitates fellowship.

And man, do I love it.

Often, I struggle to make good, nutritious sides. Meat I have no problem with. But often I wonder what to pair it with.

The other day I invented something that turned out amazing.

I call it Italian Stir Fry.

The recipe is below and the amount of veggies is what I used for two people who eat a lot. So adjust for what you need for your family.

Here's the Skinny:
2 carrots, peeled
1/2 pepper (red, green, it's good with anything that's on sale ;))
1 onion
2 cloves of garlic (or the equivalent in minced garlic)
2 tbs butter
2 tsp Italian seasoning

First, you're going melt that butter in a pan on medium high. Fry up the carrots to make them crispy. Then, turn the heat back down to medium and add your peppers. Last, incorporate the onions. Last (so the flavor stands out), add the garlic and the Italian seasoning. Serve hot.

So basically, it's cheap. It's delicious. It's quick. And it's healthy. What, I ask, is not to love?

No comments:

Post a Comment